Half Day tour (or Full Day with additional monuments)
The perfect tour to discover Ravenna, a city that through different ages, entered in history with the architectural masterpieces (and the 8 Unesco World Heritage sites) the beautiful mosaics and the atmospheres suspended between east and west, that inspired poets and travelers.
The half day tour includes:
- Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo, commissioned by Theoderic, the King of ostrogoths, it's famous for the magnificence of the wall decorations in byzantine style of the VI th century
- Dante's Tomb, funerary and memorial monument to Dante Alighieri, major italian poet of the middle age, also called the "supreme poet" who died in Ravenna in the 1321.
- Neonian's Baptistery, one of the finest and most completely surviving example of the early Christian time
- Basilica of San Vitale, world famous architectural masterpiece; with its octagonal shape is the small twin of the Holy Sophia in Istanbul
- Il Mausoleo di Galla Placidia, famous for the stunning golden and blue starry vault ant its dreamlike atmosphere, is the best preserved building of the Vth century in the world
Full Day tour additionl monuments:
- Aryan's Baptistery, another building commissioned by Theodoric the Great devoted to the aryan cult, it is famous for its mosaic decorations of the dome.
- Basilica of Sant'Apollinare in Classe, dedicated to the first Bishop and Pathron of Ravenna, Apollinare. it was built in the VI century as funerary church in Classe during the Giustinian's government
- Mausoleum of Theoderic, funerary monument built by the king of the ostrogoth before his death